Sign in to follow this  
Pallav

Incorrect value shown on v3 - Edit Mode demo with JavaScript integration

I noticed a problem with the V3  HLinearGauge.swf showing incorrect values when the mouse is dragging the pointer to change the value.

It can be reproduced by dragging the pointer to mid way point on the scale and quickly dragging the mouse off the screen up and to the left. The point goes to the zero position but the value displayed is greater than zero.(see attachment)

I have reproduced consistently on Firefox2 and IE6 and using your own demo app (Edit Mode demo with JavaScript integration)

I have also included a screenshot of the outcome using your own demo app.

post-120-128441564666_thumb.png

When you move the mouse out too quickly, the flash chart loses the mouse control (as it then goes to browser window, outside the flash chart control). As such, we recommend dragging within the limits of the chart canvas.

Surely there is a mouseout event to capture when the mouse leaves the object like in javascript.

A couple of points:

1. Users in general wont understand this limitation and will end up in this situation very easily.

2. Regardless of the limitations as you outlined - showing a value of 4.6 when the pointer is at 5 or showing a value of 3.8 when the pointer is at zero (as per the screenshot I attached), must be considered a bug and should be treated as such. I guess you need to redesign the update mechanism. Its generally dangerous to show incorrect information.

I would appreciate if you could look into this further.

tnx

We can track event for releasing outside within the Flash canvas. But, if you drag it outside the scope of the Flash object, we cannot track the release event.