pitommasi

Dispose A Map

Hi,

.dispose() is a new API for FusionCharts which is not yet available for FusionMaps. It would be available in our next FusionMaps release v3.2.

Similarly, JSON support, LinkedCharts, advanced event registering, dynamic resizing, Print Manager, functions like resizeTo, clone, isActive, getXMLData, getJSONData, setXMLUrl, setXMLData, setJSONUrl, setJSONData, setMapAttribute,configure, configureLink, addEventListener, removeEventListener, clone, addVariable are not yet supported.

thanks, so what happens if I create different maps (with different swf) with the same ID?

From what I have seen if I do that with charts, chart's id automatically changes, so I assume that the old one stil exists in memory.

What about maps?

And did I understand correctly tht this doesn't happen with charts?

I.e. if I create a charte with DOMId="blchart" and then I create another one with the same ID, a new one is created, with a different ID and the old one is still loaded in memory?

Yes,

This does not happen with charts starting from v3.2 as since v3.2 FusionCharts.js manages the id and if you do not dispose a chart with that id, a different id is created. We will come up with this feature in FusionMaps soon in its next release FusionMaps v3.2

We will come up with this feature in FusionMaps soon in its next release FusionMaps v3.2

Please, don't do that unless you are ready to add the dispose() method, as well...

What was the resolution to this? I do see that fusionmaps 3.2 will have a dispose() function, but what about the current release? Is there an equivalent?

Hey,

FusionMaps XT expected to release this quarter will provide support for dispose() function.:)

Current official version of FusionMaps 3 does not supports the same.