Sign in to follow this  
federico

Setxmldata With Swf From External Domain

Hello all

I have a page that downloads the swf from an external cookieless domain with some javascript that loads the xml and then calls the setXMLData method. this works fine on the first load

then I push a button (that filters the displayed data): the chart "seems" to update (it re-renders) but the displayed data doesn't change

introspecting with firebug I see a __state.updatePending with the updated xml. There isn't such field when I load the swf from the same domain

Are there limitations about the xml data passed as string?

for the record: we have the enterprise license

Hi,

We would like to check if the data is getting cached. Will it be possible for you to break where you are providing the updated data to the chart and check if you the data that you are providing contains the latest data. Moreover, please set the debug mode of the chart to check what data the chart has received after you update the data.

Also if you are loading the chart swf from a different domain and your JavaScript is in another, the chart wont load new data using the JS API, due to security issues. YOu need to keep the chart swf and aplication with js in the same domain.