Sign in to follow this  
zugzwang

Problem Making Example From Documentation Work.

Hello All,

I am new to FusionCharts and new here. I have had success building "My First Chart" in a .html page. It works fine. So I moved on to the Form Based example in the VB_Net example. It doesn't work very well. Where the chart should be, it simply says "Chart."

When I click the link that says "Unable to see chart above?" I am told that something is missing (404) but not told what. Can anyone give me some hints how I might debug my problem?

Thanks in advance,

Larry.

Thank you Sudipto Chourdhury for your reply. Indeed, I was missing the FusionCharts.js file. Now I get a compile error: " Name 'FusionCharts' is not declared." in the following line of code:

LiteralChart.Text = FusionCharts.RenderChart("../FusionCharts/Pie3D.swf", "", xmlData.ToString(), "Sales", "500", "300", False, True)

I have noticed the first example "MyFirstChart" also uses the following files "highcharts.js" and "jquery.min.js". I tried adding them to the FormBased chart, but it was no help. Can you help me with this one,

please?

Thank you for your time and your patience. It is a little frustrating that I am unable to make simple examples listed in the documentation work.

Larry.

Hi,

This issue signifies that the class "FusionCharts" within the "FusionCharts.dll" file is unable to be recognized. Could you please add the reference to the "FusionCharts.dll" in the "bin" folder of the FusionCharts Download Pack?

Ref.- FusionCharts Download pack >> Code > VB_NET >> bin

In case you have added FusionCharts.dll and this is not working, please try using "FusionCharts.vb" present in the "src" folder of the download pack.

Ref.- FusionCharts Download pack >> Code > VB_NET >> src

Hope this helps. :)

Thank you Sanjukta Mukherjee for your suggestion. I have created a "bin" folder in the directory that contains the Default.aspx and Default.aspx.vb. I copied the FusionCharts.dll and then FusionCharts.vb into the bin directory. Neither had any effect. Looking at the code, I see that the Default.aspx imports InfoSoftGlobal, and InfoSoftGlobal is defined in FusionCharts.vb. The FusionCharts class is defined as part of the InfoSoftGlobal. So this seems to make sense to me, but it doesn't work. Is there another way to access the FusionCharts class? Or perhaps I have put the bin folder in the wrong place?

Thank you again for helping -

Cheers.

Hi,

Please note that you would need to add the reference for "FusionCharts.dll" from the "bin" folder of the download pack to your project. Please refer to the following screenshots to follow the steps to add the reference.

Step1: post-8144-023642100 1307599916_thumb.jpg

Step 2: post-8144-050649200 1307599954_thumb.jpg

In case you wish to use "FusionCharts.vb", then keep "FusionCharts.vb" (from the "src" folder of the download pack) in the "App_code" folder in the project. Please refer to the following screenshot for the steps.

post-8144-009517400 1307600034_thumb.jpg

post-8144-053242600 1307600899_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Please note that this is a reply given long time back when 64 bit Flash Player was not available.

But now as the latest Flash Player supports compiling in 64-bit, hence FusionCharts also supports it.