Sign in to follow this  
jpickrel

Real Time Angular Gauges

I have an couple questions regarding the real time gauges. I have angular gauges that refreshes the value every 60 second from a perl script that returns the value. The questions I have are:

1. When I set the UpperLimit on the gauge and the script returns a value that is greater than the upperLimit it does not display the value. Is there a way to set this dynamically?

2. Is there a way to call the script when the gauge renders so that it may get the correct value?

3. I have a page that contain 12 different gauges is there a way to run the script and return a string that will update all the gauges as once?

Thanks in advance for any help. Your assistance is very appreciated.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

1. When I set the UpperLimit on the gauge and the script returns a value that is greater than the upperLimit it does not display the value. Is there a way to set this dynamically?

I am afraid, FusionCharts does not support values greater than the upper limit mentioned in the xml code.Even, setting values dynamically will not work.

2. Is there a way to call the script when the gauge renders so that it may get the correct value?

Could you please elaborate your query a bit more?

Are you looking to call the script when the gauge renders first time or when the gauge gets updated?

3. I have a page that contain 12 different gauges is there a way to run the script and return a string that will update all the gauges as once?

It depends upon the network traffic. As a work around, you would need to get your data using AJAX and update all gauges using JavaScript.

Hope this helps.smile.gif

I have multiple queries and calculations that I use to get the desired results for my gauges. I have these placed in another perl script and that is what i have placed in dataStreamURL attribute and it return the string &value=(some number). This all works great, however it does not call this script until my first refreshInterval hits and I need the gauge set to this value when the gauge is first rendered. Is there a way to call this script when the gauge first renders to get my calculated value or do I have to place all my queries and calculations into the page on which my gauge renders to get the initial value also?

Thank you.