FusionCharts Support

Angular Gauges don't work if rendered first with ' in XML

If I pass angular gauges XML data via setDataXML containing "'" before calling render(), the chart will break and not work even when passed data not containing "'".

If I pass data without "'", render it, and then setDataXML containing "'", it renders as expected.

As far as I can tell, the Angular gauges in particular have a bug where you must not use ' for the initial rendering, but you must use it for subsequent renderings.

This is a major bug for me because determining which escaping method to use adds a bunch of non-intuitive ugly code to my app.

Any chance you can release a point release of FusionCharts that handles escaping in a consistent manner?

Hi,

Initially FusionCharts JS Class passes the XML (as dataXML) and other settings to the angular gauge or any other widget or chart as a simple querystring. Since & acts as a separator for querystring variables the presence of & in dataXML would break it. While updating the already rendered chart, the XML is passed as a string to the chart directly thorugh an exposed function of the chart. Hence, that wont break.

What you can do is modify FusionCharts.js to suit your need:

setDataXML: function(strDataXML){

//If being set initially

if (this.initialDataSet==false){

//This method sets the data XML for the chart INITIALLY.

this.addVariable('dataXML',strDataXML.replace(/&/g,"%26");

//Update flag

this.initialDataSet = true;

}else{

//Else, we update the chart data using External Interface

//Get reference to chart object

var chartObj = infosoftglobal.FusionChartsUtil.getChartObject(this.getAttribute('id'));

chartObj.setDataXML(strDataXML);

}

},