Ana Tag

FusionCharts v3.2.1 with Javascript

Hi,

I have a old website on ASP.NET. We use FusionCharts v3.2.1-release, we won't be able to upgrade it in the near future. Currently, my website uses Flash to load the charts. Since Flash is reaching end of life in December 2020, I am checking if the charts can work without flash. If so, can you please give me a guidance on how to load the chart. Here is what my website does to load the chart:

var chart = new FusionCharts('Column2D.swf', 'fusionChart_Chart', width, height, '0', '0');
chart.setXMLData(...); // XML data goes here
chart.render('fusionChart_Div'); 

Thanks,

Chandana

I was able to make some progress, without changing much when I disabled Flash on Chrome and I had partial success. The Pie2D map came up fine but Column2D chart came up only came up partially on my website. It shows x and y axis, the labels and horizontal lines but no columns(bars) even though the data has positive values. I am attaching the screenshot (ChartCapture.PNG). I created a chart on local html file to see if the same issue exists, but it works fine there. So, something in my website causing the issue. Unfortunately, the site is not a public site that I can share with you, but I used a compare tool to compare the SVG generated in my website and the local html file and I see difference in y and height values in highchart-series. I added an attachment to show the differences in the generated SVG (you can see the different in red text). Why is y is same and the heights are all 0 in my website? I am using the exact same data with exact same width and height of the charts. What could cause the differences in heights even though the values are same? Can anyone please help to identify what is going on? Any help is greatly appreciated. 

ChartCapture.PNG

CompareCapture.PNG

Hi,

The Flash version has been deprecated long ago kindly check with the full JavaScript version of FusionCharts which you could download from https://www.fusioncharts.com/download/fusioncharts-suite-xt

Also please check with the latest FusionCharts ASP.NET wrapper for further reference please check from the following tutorial link https://www.fusioncharts.com/blog/charting-in-asp-net/

Thanks

Soumya

Thank you Soumya for the reply! We have perpetual license for v3.2.1 (enterprise ). Not sure if I will be able to download the latest version. Do I need to buy a new license? Currently, we aren't permitted to buy a new license. Can the version that we have , v3.2.1, work with JavaScript i.e. with out Flash?

Also, does the ASP.NET wrapper work with v3.2.1?

Thank you!

Hi,

You are using too older Flash based version of FusionCharts which has been deprecated long ago and support is not available.

Please note you need to upgrade with the latest FusionCharts version and need to take a license for that.

Thanks

Soumya