vincent

Resizing Angular Gauge and other Charts

Hi All,

Whenever i disaply Angular Guage in a Square it displays properly. But When i Change the Dimension to a rectangle the ouptut does not scale properly. The Annotations does not maintain thier relative position w.r.t to the dial. I tried using AutoScale and ConstrainedScale but the output is not as Intended.

I have attached the Image For easy understanding. I want the Annotation to always maintain their size and position w.r.t to dials.

I am using fusion charts through VC++

post-4604-128441570682_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest

Hi,

In order to use autoScale feature, you would need to use three attributes in <chart> and <annotationGroup> element to achieve the correct result which are autoScale='1' origW='{original width}' origH='{original height}'.

Now suppose if your gauge's actual width and height is 270 and 270, and you need to scale it to 570 and 570 then your attributes should be like:

<chart...autoScale='1' origW='270' origH='270'...>
<annotationGroup.......autoScale='1' origW='270' origH='270' ........>.

and chart size would be:
var myChart = new FusionCharts("../Charts/AngularGauge.swf", "myChartId", "570", "570", "0", "0");

Hope this works for you.

Hi Rahul,

While creating the control, we can specify the dimension say 200x200, 400x.. . But at runtime the user has the flexibilty to change the window size at will. while resizing, the charts should update properly even if the window is resized to a rectangle. Please look at the image(third image) i have uploaded. I have tired using autoscale and contrainedScale featues but none of this give desired output.

Edited by Guest

Guest Rajroop

Hello :),

We are really excited to announce the release of FusionCharts for Flex v1.1 featuring the following:

- 12 new chart types: 7 new gauges including Angular gauge, LED gauge and Linear gauge, Spark chart and Bullet graphs have been added.

- All the gauges can fetch data in real-time and come with alert managers and message loggers.

- All the charts and gauges can now be natively exported as images and PDFs.

- The data for all the charts can be exported as CSV.

- Data sets can now have custom text labels instead of numeric values.

- The charts can handle a lot more events to help you manipulate them better.

- Trendlines can also have custom tool-text.

- Custom color palettes can be defined for the data plots.

Learn more about it from www.fusioncharts.com/flex. and learn what's new in FusionCharts for Flex from http://www.fusioncharts.com/flex/VersionHistory.asp.

Existing customers can upgrade to the new version from www.fusioncharts.com/PUC.