Pallav

legend colors not appearing

I set up a usa map with 2 items in the color range, and it worked fine for me.

But various people on windows machines with IE 7 and Flash Player 9 have reported that the legend boxes appear blank with no colors.

So I had them check out the usaData example on the powerMaps site with the bush and kerry legend. and that didn't work for them either.

any ideas??

thanks

I'm also having this problem.

On 1 of our machines (XP Pro) we have IE7 with Flash Player 9, and Firefox 1 with Flash Player 8 - in both the legend doesn't fill the boxes with the colors.

Another machine with Firefox 2 and Flash Player 9 also gets the same thing.

So it seems to be across various versions of browsers & Flash but just on certain systems.

correct.gif

wronggif

This is happening because of certain charsets on certain systems. In FusionCharts, we use the block character to display the rectangle in legend. Some systems are unable to reproduce the block and therefore show it as outline.

We're trying to investigate into this and would post an update soon.

have you had any luck?

The 'g' character of the Webdings font is a square, much like the block character. Could you embed that character and use that?

in lack of your reply, i tried to replace the block character with a g with font face as the embeded webdings, however using the included files and flash 8, i get compiler errors in Map.as about:

objects.LEGEND

objects.BACKGROUND

objects.PLOT

objects.TOOLTIP

all of these things give errors such as property does not exist.

the g character of webdings is not my only alternative...if necessary boxes can be drawn with the drawing api, but i can't get very far if i cant compile it.

your help would be appreciated as i need to address this issue asap.

Thanks

new fusionchart user.

I am also seeing the 'no color' problem in my charts.

I have tried changing my baseFont, but my legend colors are still blank.

Mozilla firefox 2.0.0.2 running on ubuntu linux

Shockwave Flash 9.0 r31

Is this issue solved? I'm using FusionCharts v3 and I am encountering the same problem.

Firefox 2.0.0.3 or IE 6.0

FlashPlayer 9,0,28,0

Nethertheless I don't think that it is only the browser/flash player combination, because I have two different machines with the same combi and legend boxes are rendered differently!!!

Thanks for any advice.

It's not about the browser/Flash Player combination. It has more to do with the block character being present on the user's machine.

I found switching to Arial did work, but I do not find this an acceptable workaround. I would like to be able to use other fonts for the charts to match the rest of my web site. All other fonts I've tried however result in the empty legend colours.

Please find a solution to this problem. Perhaps you should draw coloured boxes rather than relying on a character that is not present in all fonts. Or you could use a square bullet character but increase the relative font size so that it appears as a larger square.

We've been having a similar issue for a while now - but it turned out to be something relatively simple. In our case, if you specify a colour for the dataset and include a leading '#' character, the bars are rendered with the correct colour but every series in the legend was represented with the same grey box. Mucho frustrating,..

This is not exactly the same as the font problem described by other posters above, but I've posted a reply here incase it saves someone an hour or two of messing around if they find themselves in this thread.

Bad Kitty:

<dataset seriesName="Series ABC" color="#CC0000">

Good Kitty:

<dataset seriesName="Series ABC" color="CC0000">

Simple...