jpsartre

Updatepanel On Postback

So I decided to see what the differences were between the UpdatePanel sample found in Code/CS/UpdatePanel and what I have in my application so that I could debug the problem. It turns out that it doesn't seem to work even in the sample application that I downloaded from FusionCharts. I get the same exact problem: the chart displays fine at first but when you click on one of the radiobuttonlists on Sample1.aspx (Factory 2, for instance), the chart disappears.

Does anyone have any reason to think that 3.2.1 works with an UpdatePanel and PostBack? If it doesn't, then I need to roll back to the previous version since we use the chart almost exclusively in UpdatePanels.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Brad

Are there any updates on this? I need to make a decision as to whether to roll back my updates to 3.2.1. Are you able to get the PostBacks in UpdatePanels working in your lab? If so, what is your configuration? What version of the AjaxControlToolkit are you using?

Thanks,

Brad

Hi,

The update panel samples works in our labs. You might need to change the web.config given in our pack to support AJAX controls since the samples were built using ASP.NET 2 where AJAX Controls needed to be installed separately.

However, you can also check the attached sample built in ASP.NET 4. The sample are better with respect to the fix provided for issue which cropped when RenderChart is used in POSTBACK. Now, we are using jQuery here to take care of this. Also placed the modified source of FusionCharts.dll (FusionCharts.cs in APP_CODE folder) which has better management of chart ids when rendered and some memory management when charts are updated.

Please check and let us know.

This is specially for you from our labs :D

NewUpdatePanel_SampleASPNET4.zip

Hi Sudipto,

This download does not contain Sample1.aspx, which is the scenario that I'm trying to implement. Nevertheless, I added Sample1 to this new project from the other download. At first, I got the same problem but when I added the JsScript.js in the scripts block of the ScriptManager AND exclusively use RenderChart rather than RenderChart on the first page load and RenderChartHTML on postbacks, it works, but it does not work when I use RenderChart on the first page load and RenderChartHtml on postbacks. Is this by design? Are we supposed to still use RenderChartHtml on postbacks? If so, then there still seems to be a problem but if it is designed to only use RenderChart, then it seems ok but I don't want to use it incorrectly. "Sample2" only uses RenderChart.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Brad

Hi,

Did you check running the Default.aspx? It is same as Sample1.

The samples are designed to run only with RenderChart. We have not faced any issue while running the sample using the methods provided in Default.aspx and Sample2.aspx.

Please show us what you get when it does not work.

Thanks for your help Sudipto. I did not know that Default.aspx was the same as Sample1.aspx because I thought that the file names were the same due to the fact that the others were the same. It appears that this has fixed our issue and I do appreicate it. We do now have another javascript issue related to the introduction of JScript.js but I think we can fix that ourselves.

Thanks again,

Brad

Hi,

I am facing the same problem. I kept the asp literal control and when i do post back charts are not rendering.

can you please help me out. I have downloaded the above zip file but it dont have any data.

Thanks