Sign in to follow this  
Pallav

Ability to add state values to a chart

I am evaluating various charting tools for an application and FC does almost everything I need. One missing feature, which I simply may not have figured out yet, is the ability to add state values to a chart.

Let me explain. First, take a look at the attached image.

The single state in this instance is the coloured horizontal bar at the bottom of the graph with the legend "Surface state" against it.

The state is interpreted as a colored block whose width is determined by the x value and whose height is determined by configuration. Some states are binary and some have multiple values.

So, in the above image there are two state values depicted by red and blue and the state is red from 00:00 to 09:00, then blue until 18:00 then red until the end.

There may be multiple state 'bars' which have a configurable gap between them. State bars could be displayed above or below the chart and would have the same x axis as the charted data.

It would also be good to have tool tips showing a textual representation of the values. For example, warm for red and cold for blue.

Can this already be done or it is worth adding?

post-1098-128441564929_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest

Hi,

I'm afraid we do not have a state indicator built natively in the chart. However, we do have a horizontal linear/LED gauge in our FusionGadgets suite (www.fusioncharts.com/gadgets) which can be used to show this type of scales. You'll need to combine the line chart and the gauge effectively.