Sign in to follow this  
paco

Data points are cut in half on the top when rendering a chart that has scrolling

Hello,

I added recently scrolling to a chart that is showing some data points as diamonds. The problem is that these diamonds are cut in half when these diamonds represent the maximum value in the chart. I am attaching two pictures with before and after adding the scrolling.

Is there anything I can do about this? Is this a known problem?

Thanks in advance

post-63278-0-63978600-1414687851_thumb.png

post-63278-0-02370800-1414687858_thumb.png

Thanks for the response bu I can't implement that solution because the secondary y-axis must have a max value of 0 and a min value of -1. The diamonds used to be displayed properly before as shown on the first picture attached to this topic. Is there any other thing I could try? Thanks in advance

Hello,

That's not going to work. Basically I want the overlap and it should look exactly as the first picture I attached to this topic ( the one on the left). The secondary vertical axis must show a range between 0 and -1. Apparently the business analyst is not happy if we show a vertical axis that goes from 0.1 to -1.1 in order to show the whole diamond spot when the value is 0 or 1, I think that's what you are proposing as a fix and that's not acceptable from the business side. I hope you know what I am saying and thanks again for helping me with this

Hi,

Yes we totally understand your situation.

The 1st attach image with anchors overlapping is an image where chart is rendered in flash. Please  note that the starting version 3.4.0 all charts are rendered as pure JavaScript chart. Due to the inherent difference between the technologies and differences in various browsers causes minor disparity between the Flash and JavaScript variants of the charts.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please write back to us if you have any other queries.

Thanks.

Yes, so I am using the flash version of it and as I show in the pictures above it used to show the dots properly before I added the scrolling. I need to know if this is a bug and if there is any hope of fixing it in this version. 

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.

The issue has been looked after in our latest version 3.8.0

Please have a look the fiddle :http://jsfiddle.net/kn5rzeLq/ (fiddle uses latest 3.8 files)

Hope the information is helpful. We would suggest you to upgrade to our latest version and test your application.

Please feel free to revert back to us if we missed out anything or for any further assistance.

Thanks.