Pallav

Javascript Parameter Length

Hi,

In the xml link tag I am calling one javascript method. The code look like this:

<set label='Moorthy' value='1254' link='javascript:ViewData(url1, url2, url3)'  tooltext = 'Owner: Moorthy Count: 916'/>

My issue is in the javascript argument, if the lenth of url is more than 260, then the javascript method is not getting called. In the Firebox this issue is not there.

My url length is around 2000. Any solutions?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks,

Moorthy

Thanks for the response

In the url I am replacing  & with %26 and single quote with %26apos; Please See the example below

Have tried with simple exaple. This javascript parameter not having any special characters so no need to encode it. but this link is not working, the showDrillAndContextMenu method is not getting called. The length of the parameter is less than 470 characters then it works. :w00t:

link=

'javascript:showDrillAndContextMenu(%26quot;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQqqqqqqqqqqwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy%26quot;);'

my total link length is around 1600 to 1700 characters

Hi Dear!

I m not sure but u can try.

Store all ur XML in to a separate XML file including ur link.

like this:

[set label='Moorthy' value='1254' link='javascript:ViewData([Full Length Link:1], [Full Length Link:2], [Full Length Link:3])' tooltext = 'Owner: Moorthy Count: 916'/]

and try to invoke the chart by setDataURL method.

Also don't forget to encoded ur links.

Rahul.