randomnuggets

HowTo: Multi-series 2D line chart, dual Y axis, with one or both of the Y axes inverted?

How do I create a multi-series 2D line chart, using both the primary and secondary Y axes, in which one (or both) of the Y axes are inverted?

A good example of why this is useful would be charting both a quantity and a ranking measure over time. The quantity would be plotted against one Y axis (larger numbers appear higher up), and the ranking measure against the other Y axis (higher rank values are smaller numbers and appear higher up).

Can I do this with FusionCharts 3.16.0? How?

If not, can I make a feature request?

Thinking further, this idea could be generalized. Simply make the primary and secondary Y axes scale independently to each other. For example primary Y axis = (linear or logarithmic or inverted), secondary Y axis = (linear or logarithmic or inverted) in any combination. Then configure each data series to plot against one or the other Y axis. Sounds like a useful feature, yes?

Thanks.

Hi,

FusionCharts as of now, supports inverted axis only for single y-axis charts, here is a link for reference: https://www.fusioncharts.com/dev/chart-guide/standard-charts/inverse-y-axis-chart

For dual y-axis support in inverse charts along with the y-axis scale customization, please drop a mail to [email protected] with your license details.