Mike RW

setDataURL inconsistency

Hi,

When using the FusionCharts.js i discovered the "you must encode URL's if using URL's that look like .asp?moo=foo" when using the setDataURL function from FusionCharts.js.

However, i discovered this is NOT an issue after the chart object has been initialized.

for example i initialize my chart:

var chart = new FusionCharts("SelectScatter.swf", "selectChart", "570", "700", "0", "1");

chart.setDataXML('');		

chart.render('chartDiv');

If i replace the chart.setDataXML with chart.setDataURL("generateChart.aspx?moo=foo&ice=cold"), it gives me headaches (this happens with fusioncharts and powercharts). BUT later, i have a form updating the setDataURL:

function changeChart(chartID,urlValue){

var chartObj = getChartFromId(chartID);

chartObj.setDataURL(urlValue);

}

This works just fine, with the urlValue being something like "generateChart.aspx?moo=foo&ice=cold" without having to encoding the URL (replace unsafe characters with hex). I wonder if the encode URL restriction on setDataURL is a FusionCharts.js problem? should i be encoding the URL just incase though?

also, where do i find documentation for those last two parameters for initializing a chart?

Hi,

For the reference of FusionCharts Javascript class's Constructure parameters..

FusionCharts("SWF PATH+NAME","ChartId","WIDTH","HEIGHT","DebugMode ON/OFF(values= 1/0)", "RegisterWithJS(1/0)")

For DebugMode please visit :http://fusioncharts.com/docs/Contents/Debug/window.html

For Register with JS please visit : http://fusioncharts.com/docs/Contents/JS_Overview.html